Friday, September 19, 2008

Internet group sues Bush for electronic eavesdropping

Internet privacy is a huge problem these days. It seems to me that some of these website know way too much about me than they should. With the use of cookies, many websites I visit already know my name, address, phone number, etc. With such a scandal like this, I think it really installs a sense of reality to us: the Internet is very public, and rules are constantly broken regarding privacy rights. In my opinion, the government should take no part in Internet surveillance unless it is a matter of law. In other words, I think they should have a very justified reason to search someone's Internet accessibility, almost like a search warrant for the Internet. If the government is given rights to our Internet browsing, who knows what else they will claim rights to. The types of computer programs that Bush and his administration use should be limited in use to only a few individuals who use it for investigation of criminals, and nothing else. Such a program could be used to keep us safe, not to invade our privacy.
With so many cookies and creepy people in the world, I limit my information to a very low limit, and only subscribe my information to a few sights which I know are secure.



http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080918.tc_afp/usittelecomsjusticeespionagepolitics_0809

No comments: